fly or die
 
Wednesday, January 19, 2005
Undoubtedly Tomas
"Serious? You put in your letter?" Tomas asked over lunch.
I nodded.
He slowly clasped his palms together, looked up and said, "Hallelujah. Finally thou getteth riddeth of this thorn in mine flesh."
"Not so fast. I'll be here till end Feb."
"Damn." He pushed his plate of mamak mee goreng away and lit his Marlboro. "Anyway, I give you 3 weeks."
"3 weeks for?"
"For you to come crawling back here and beg Billy for your old job."
"And why would I do that?"
"Because you will finally realise how utterly meaningless your life is without me."
I roll my eyes.
"Please, woman, have some dignity. Don't throw yourself at me like that."
I bop him on the head. "It's 12.38pm. Wake up!"
"So, where are you going?"
"No where."
"Serious?"
"Taking a break."
"What are you going to live on?"
"I do have savings."
"And a rich boyfriend."
I kicked him.
"For your information, I'm no parasite. And he's not rich ... enough."
"Maybe I should look for some rich aunty." He then clasps his hands again, gazed heavenward. "Then I mayest quitteth this shitty, oops - sorry - not very nice job ... er ... vocation."
"Please-lah, go look in a pail of water."
Still with hands clasped, "This face thou maketh. It's not thine best work, so, may thou provideth rich ... blind ... aunty."

So, if you know any rich blind aunty, please answer Tomas' prayer.


  • Pencil chewed at
  • 6:15:00 pm //
     
    template © elementopia 2003
     
     
     
    about me
    A neurotic, nail biting, slightly schizo, caffeine crazed copywriter who doesn't know better than waste her life in the pursuit of the golden pencil a.k.a The One Show. To console me, click here.

    Or simply Blogroll Me!

    Today's mood is The current mood of musing@go.com at www.imood.com
    Female. Lives in Malaysia/Selangor/Petaling Jaya, speaks English. Eye color is brown. I am what my mother calls unique. I am also optimistic. My interests are diving/blogging.
    This is my blogchalk:
    Malaysia, Selangor, Petaling Jaya, English, Female, diving, blogging.
     
    archives
    December 2003
    January 2004
    February 2004
    March 2004
    April 2004
    May 2004
    June 2004
    July 2004
    August 2004
    September 2004
    October 2004
    November 2004
    December 2004
    January 2005
    February 2005
     
    people mentioned in this blog
    I realised that it is increasingly difficult for you to identify who's who in this blog. So here's a rundown. Will try to categorise entries to names but that will take some time, cause I still haven't figured out how to do it.
    In the agency
    Big Billy - Boss, my Creative Director
    Donna - beautiful bimbo Account Executive
    Heng - the art director I used to work with
    Hoe, Mr - my favourite client
    Jenna - the art director I'm working with now
    Susan - street smart Group Account Director
    Tina - my Traffic Manager
    Tomas - fellow copywriter, confidante

    Beyond the agency
    June & Mila - my best gal pals
    Matt - the guy dating me
    Minnie & Moe - my guppies
    Trish - the friend who set me up with Matt

    *all names have been changed.
     
    my zany portfolio
    I'll paste work here periodically. But none of them will be real client work - just my own initiates and doodling.
  • Perodua Kancil
  •  
    awesome ad of the week
    G-Day Coffee TVC. Scene opens on guy trying to slide down a dry water slide. He gets stuck. He finally manages to squeak all the way down. TVC ends with him savouring a mug of G-Day coffee and the tag "Save water for G-Day coffee". A bit unreal but I love the humour. And the talent, the Each Other actor (I forgot his name), is super. He makes it work.
     
    wished i wrote that
    We tell our prospects. When you reach for the stars you may not quite get one, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either. - Leo Burnett
     
    resources
    « The One Show »
    « Archive Online »
    « Free TVCs »
    « Adage »
    « Adoimagazine »
    « Books at how&why »
     
    increase your ad quotient
    Read about Leo Burnett, one of advertising's greats. Click here for profile by Time.

    Learn from the masters in this Wall Street Journal's Creative Leaders Series.

     
    blog ads
     
    quickies
    Name

    URL or Email

    Write your messages below and Fly!
    Click for smilies



    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com